The Chancery Market Food Hall & Bar celebrated its official grand opening on Dec 1, 2022. The unveiling of the gorgeous new 12,000-square-foot culinary collective, located at 1313 North Market Street, is now creating a buzz for visitors with an atmosphere unmatched in our region and a host of vibrant dining experiences.
To-go orders can be prepared in advance and waiting for you, kept at the perfect warm or cold temperature, in a private locker near the front door. Or you and your guests can find a comfortable seat, order from any of the restaurants through a QR code, and have your food brought directly to you.
The Chancery Market Food Hall is home to eight different food concepts featuring local cuisines and delicious flavors from around the world. Thoughtfully curated by HQ Hospitality co-founder and award-winning chef Akhtar Nawab, The Chancery is open seven days a week, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with shared and private seating for up to 233 people. It also features Wilmington’s newest gathering place for drinks, the lively indoor/outdoor Nectar Bar.
Food and beverage stalls at The Chancery include:
- Espresso: This popular breakfast and lunch establishment serves La Colombe coffee, fresh espresso and specialty drinks, bagels, sandwiches, and more. Swing by for a midday pick-me-up or have them prepare a large group order for your next office meeting.
- Market Street Burger & Dog: New to Delaware, Market Street Burger & Dog brings high energy and the finest quality meats to their fast-casual dining experience. Enjoy a variety of offerings, including vegetarian options like black bean burgers.
- Toscana Pizza e Panini: Chef Dan Butler, the owner of Toscana and one of Wilmington’s favorites, brings his passion for pizza to The Chancery Market Food Hall. Immerse yourself in taste sensations like the Crispy Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza, or try one of their signature sandwiches.
- Fuku: What started as a secret sandwich at David Chang’s Momofuku Noodle Bar has since grown to serve a variety of fried chicken offerings and sides in an upbeat, fun, and energetic fast-casual concept. Fuku focuses on tasty food that draws from both Asian and American influences.
- Rooted AF: Rooted AF is a fast-casual, all-vegan experience offering delicious and multicultural fare. Inspired by the need for healthy options, Rooted AF fuses its cultural knowledge with herbal accents to serve a flavorful menu. Customer favorites include curry empanadas, chopped cheeseburgers, fresh cold-pressed juices, and herbal teas.
- Oath 84: Long considered one of Delaware’s hidden gems, this second location for this chef-crafted modern restaurant offers an immersive and high-quality experience with every visit. Oath 84 is sure to excite your taste buds with its menu featuring new American cuisines such as crab hushpuppies, indie-mex lasagna, and jerk chicken eggrolls.
- KatiRoll Wala: Another new-to-Delaware restaurant, specializing in restoring simplicity to authentic Indian street food staples. KatiRoll Wala provides only the highest quality ingredients in their menu offerings. Marinated meats, sauteed vegetables, and flavorful seasonings is what you can expect when you enjoy their hand-made Kati Rolls and Rice Bowls, in a convenient grab-and-go format.
- The Juice Joint 2.0: Coming soon to The Chancery Food Hall, The Juice Joint 2.0 is a sister project to Rooted AF. They’ll be open for breakfast and throughout the day, and use only the freshest ingredients when crafting their smoothies and cold-press juices. Stay tuned for an announcement of their opening date in early 2023.
Designed thoughtfully with special events and fun socializing in mind, The Chancery Market is now booking holiday parties and other events. Private event rooms, ample onsite garage parking, and exciting amenities make The Chancery Market Food Hall & Bar the hottest new gathering place for the local community and out-of-town visitors alike.